Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I can bust a move!



Another good day. I seem to be the 48 hour subway queen and still riding strong baby.

Tonight's tale is brought to you by Cracker Barrel & Gallo wines.
This evening we had a rare work gathering over some cheap wine and cheese (note the not-so-witty Cracker Barrel reference). The head of our department was in New York from LA and we were in need of some serious departmental bonding. Well - she brought along a little surprise guest with her (to rattle the nerves of every intern and assistant in the room) - the President of our extremely large and public media corporation. There were about 20 people in the room - so it was quite intimate and there was nowhere to hide. I saw many 23 year olds sweating and one side of the room cleared just to make room for her. (I must note that she had the most fabulous shoes on). We were asked to go around the room and say who we are...what we do...and one thing about ourselves that people would be surprised to know. My manic brain suddenly popped up the most random thing imaginable...something my parents don't even know. I don't even know how my brain filtered this particular segment of my life and I was already laughing when I shouted out that I HAD to go first! I built up the suspension...I told them that NO ONE knows this...not my family, not my best friends....not even my shrink (you know that got a big laugh)...
(Oh Manic Blogger would you friggen tell us already?!?!). I (my dear friends) - was in a break dance crew in 1983. To know me now....well you would die. I am 230 lbs, Jewish and have the biggest tits you have ever seen. I painted the visual and talked about my signature moves...the robot and the worm. I was only upstaged by one woman who has half a sewing needle stuck in her knee and it will be there for the rest of her life. Damn needle injury will win every time. Bitch.

No comments: